Below, we’ve gathered some helpful resident resources and quick responses to any questions you might have. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us at the main office.


    General FAQs

  • How do I submit a request to have maintenance repairs in my home?

    • At Shaw Family Housing, non-emergencies/routine work orders can be placed using our Hunt Resident App.  All emergency work orders  should be made by calling 803-812-8200.  This phone line will be answered 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.  

      Life threatening emergencies should be directed to 911.

  • What pets are we allowed to have in our homes?

    • The pets that are permissible in your home are those which are domesticated and are traditionally kept in the home. These pets are identified as dogs*, cats, birds, gerbils, hamster, guinea pigs, turtles, and fish. Two walking pets are allowed (two dogs or two cats or one cat and one dog).  

      *Certain breeds of dogs are not permitted including: Pitt Bulls (American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, or English Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Rottweilers, Chow Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Siberian Huskies and Wolf hybrids, to include any mixed restricted breed.

  • What is the trash pick-up schedule?

    • Weekly trash pick-up is provided. Trash collection is every Wednesday each week.  Please keep containers tightly closed at all times.  Please check Facebook or your personal email for holiday trash collection times.  

  • Wildlife Note

    • It is very important that dumpsters are kept closed at all times and that food is not left outside, including pet food.  Our pristine location means that wildlife is abundant.  Please do not feed, approach or photograph wildlife. 

  • Yard Waste

    • Yard Waste, such as dead plants, grass, leaves, small branches, clippings, and limbs are to be placed in yard waste bags only.  Call dispatch for pick up.

  • Recycling

    • Hunt Military Communities will be participating in a recycling program A bin will be provided, and recycled items will be collected Wednesday.  The following items are NOT eligible for recycling:  Refrigerators, freezers, oil and other petroleum projects, electronics, paint and tires.  Please contact your Neighborhood Office for more information.

  • Will I need to maintain my lawn?

    • Hunt Military Communities is pleased to maintain the landscape (mowing, trimming, edging) of all common areas including greenways, parks, and play areas within the neighborhoods. The front yards of all homes will also be maintained by Hunt. Flowerbeds and fenced in backyards are the sole responsibility of the resident. Residents are required to keep these areas free of any items that may prohibit the landscaping crews from maintaining these areas. Yards which are not kept free of toys, trash, abandoned items, pet waste or debris will not be mowed. If you desire to maintain your own lawn, please contact the management office.  Our Deployed Spouses Program also includes backyard mowing – please call for details

  • How do I submit a request to install items in and around my home?

    • You must submit a modification request form which can be found on our website under the documents and forms, or by contacting Shaw Family Housing office at 803-812-8200.   

      Our maintenance team provides complimentary service of hanging the hardware for curtains, and also marking the location of studs to hang a television or pictures.  The residents are responsible for hanging any TV's or pictures.

  • How do I report neighborhood issues?

    • Your Shaw Family Housing Office is open Monday through Friday, 0800 to 1700, to assist with any need.  You may call 803-812-8200, email at , or visit the office to discuss any concerns.  Please contact the office to report neighbor concerns, abandoned vehicles, safety hazard, inoperative street lights, stray cate or dogs, noise violations, etc.  Hunt Military Communities want to ensure that you and your family are comfortable in your home and have peace of mind regarding your neighborhood.  

  • How do I request permission to have out of town guests in our home?

    • Guests and guest vehicles must be registered with the Neighborhood Management Office if staying longer than 30 days. Simply call or visit the Neighborhood Management Office in advance of your guest's visit to notify the staff. Written approval is required for all guests staying over 30 days.

  • Do I need to notify Hunt Military Communities when I will be away from my home?

    • Residents who will be away from their homes more than fourteen (14) days must notify their Neighborhood Management Office. The resident should leave an emergency contact number with Management in case of emergencies and complete the Absence from Residence form.

  • Do I need to report changes that would affect my housing status?

    • Changes in pay, number of dependents, duty location, etc. must be reported to the Neighborhood Management Offices immediately. All information regarding your residence needs to remain current in the Neighborhood Management Office including phone numbers, automobile registration, pet information and emergency contacts.

  • What happens when it’s time to move?

    • When you find out you’ll be moving, please stop by your Neighborhood Office to complete a Notice to Vacate.  This is a legal requirement in your lease agreement.  You must complete a Notice to Vacate and lease requires that you give at least 30 days’ notice. You may also set up appointments for your pre-move and move out appointments at this time.

  • What if I’m moving to another Hunt Military Communities location?

    • Lucky you!  Hunt Military Communities has a loyalty program for residents moving to another Hunt site which can put money in your pocket!  Please contact your Neighborhood Office for details.

  • How do I make a suggestion to Hunt Military Communities?

    • Hunt encourages and welcomes resident communication. You may enjoy the open door policy of the Resident Services Offices. All letters and phone calls will be responded to. Your resident website, offers a resident instant feedback link as well.

      Several avenues for resident feedback, suggestions and comments have been provided. Specifically, residents are randomly contacted following service requests, all potential residents are requested to complete customer feedback cards, random surveys regarding maintenance service are randomly distributed and yearly, all homes receive a survey conducted via third-party.